28 agosto 2019
US-listed Marrone Bio acquires Pro Farm Technologies Oy – Translink acted as the advisor to the Sellers
Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. (NASDAQ: MBII), a leading developer of bio-based products for pest management and plant health, has entered into a definitive purchase agreement with respect to an acquisition of Pro Farm Technologies OY (“Pro Farm”). Translink Corporate Finance acted as the exclusive financial advisor to the Sellers.
The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2019, subject to satisfaction of customary conditions. The transaction will be funded through a combination of stock and cash valued at approximately $31.8 million to be paid over four and one-half years, subject to the achievement of agreed commercial milestones.
Pro Farm’s technology supports plants physiology, resulting in better germination, stronger plants, higher yields and greater tolerance against abiotic stress. Technology is used in seed and foliar treatments in the major row and specialty crops of corn, cereals, sunflowers, oilseed rape (canola), sugar beets and vegetables, with other crops in development. Pro Farm has distribution agreements servicing most of the major global agricultural production areas, with particular strength in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), and expansion under way in Latin America, North America, Africa and Asia.
The transaction gives Marrone Bio greater access to the $4.6 billion seed- and soil-applied market and a significant opportunity to leverage an expanded global distribution network for all of MBI’s products.
Matti Tiainen, CEO of Pro Farm comments:
“Knowing that there is great complexity in overseas transactions when public company acquires a private company, we decided to tender different Corporate Finance advisors in order to ensure the best possible outcome for all parties.
Meeting with selected providers we trusted our transaction to Translink and could not have been happier.
Translink really has an entrepreneurial spirit embedded in their service and people making it a great partner to work with. We even managed to close the transaction during the peak holiday time due to the dedication and professionalism Translink showed during the process.”
Translink Corporate Finance Finland, based in Helsinki, is one of the leading M&A boutiques in the Finnish market. Since its foundation more than 15 years ago, their partners completed more than 100 M&A transactions in different industries, worked closely together with a number of business partners and industry players, both locally and internationally. In addition Translink Finland is a Certified Adviser on NASDAQ OMX First North.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy