October 03 2018
The holding of Jannuzzelli family sells the historical brand Moto Morini to a Chinese group with the assistance of Translink (financial advisor)
On October the 2nd, the sale of Moto Morini to the Chinese Group Zonghneng Motor Vehicle Group has been done. The negotiations for the sale of the historic Italian motorcycle brand, from the 2015 owned by AUTJANN, holding company of the Jannuzzelli family, were conducted by the Advisors Translink Corporate Finance (for the financial matters) and Studio BCM (for the legal aspects). The two teams led by Matteo Paggi - Partner of Translink - and the Lawyer Giorgio Murnik, in close contact with the President of AUTJANN and Moto Morini - Mr. Ruggeromassimo Jannuzzelli - completed the deal after a complex negotiation.
The Chinese buyer group CHINA ZHONGNENG VEHICLE GROUP CO., LTD was assisted by the Chinese law firm Hansheng of Shanghay and, in the final phase, also by the Italian structure of EY.
The long negotiations have been completed with a first draft agreement signed in August 2018 and finalized yesterday, allowing the Milanese entrepreneurs, who notoriously buy companies in difficulty in order to relaunch and sell them, to put a new success.
Moto Morini, founded in 1937 by Alfonso Morini, is one of the most famous and historic brands in the Italian motorcycle scene. The history of Moto Morini is marked by iconic models and champions, who have contributed to create the legend of Italian motorcycling. Models such as Rebello, Corsaro, 3 ½ represent real milestones in the Italian history, from the period after the Second World War, in the years of the "Dolce Vita" up to the most recent years. After some financial troubles, which bring the company to the bankruptcy in 2009, Moto Morini was successfully re-launched by the Jannuzzelli Family, that, with the new Corsaro ZZ, Corsaro ZT and Milano models, brought the brand back into line and prepared a new growth of successes.
The CHINA ZHONGNENG VEHICLE GROUP CO., LTD. was founded in 1987 by the current president Chen Huaneng, and has become over the years, with its own brand ZNEN, a leading operator in the domestic two-wheeler sector, with particular focus on light motorcycles, scooters and electric scooters segments. The acquisition of Moto Morini represents for Zhongneng the first strategic operation outside the Chinese territories.
This deal represents a great opportunity of growth for Moto Morini, successfully relaunched by the Jannuzzelli family since 2012. The Chinese Zhongneng Group will bring its production and commercial experience in the two-wheeler sector, taking advantage of the awareness of one of the most historic brands of the domestic scene, safeguarding and strengthening the current Italian structure of Moto Morini.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- TRANSLINK ITALY SEMINAR
M&A: GROWING NATIONALLY AND GLOBALLY THROUGH MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ITALIAN BUSINESSES
- Translink advises Euromeccanica Group on the sale of the company to Mevis Group.
- Translink advises Bolton Group in the acquisition of 100% of Omia Laboratoires