October 12, 2021
Translink South Africa advises Caxal Enterprises on the acquisition of New Ink Holdings, the holding company of NUtec Digital Ink
Translink advised Caxal Enterprises with their acquisition of NUtec Digital Ink, a leading digital ink manufacturer.
About the seller
NUtec is regarded as one of the leading digital ink developers and manufacturers of UV curable, water based and solvent based products. Based in Cape Town South Africa, this well-established business, develops and manufactures high demand industrial products for global distribution into some 100 countries. Export sales are c.87% of total sales value (and 94% in volume), providing a natural ZAR hedge. NUtec has a state-of-the-art integrated production facility with an end-to-end production line providing a full range of digital ink solutions. It produces its own branded line of digital inks, as well as specialised solutions for OEM’s.
“We found the perfect successor in Caxal to take NUtec to the next level. Covid-19 presented some challenges, but Caxal was able to see the inherent potential in NUtec which led to a great outcome for both parties. Business ownership remains South African with minimal disruptions for all the dedicated staff at NUtec” commented Jamie Lowndes, CEO and shareholder of NUtec.
About the buyer
Caxal Enterprises is an investment holding company controlled by the Crosse family that follows a manufacturing sector investment theme. Translink has advised Caxal with a previous acquisition, and Neville Crosse comments on the process with Translink: “Caxal has worked with Translink over 7 years and completed 2 acquisitions. The process is often time consuming to find the right fit for a family enterprise and Translink shows great patience in assisting and guiding the buyer to a venture that meets the buyers criteria. I would recommend them to any buyer looking to acquire a well-defined and carefully researched venture”.
Translink South Africa is based in beautiful Cape Town. Our partners have executed deals in more than 9 African countries and we cover the entire sub Saharan Africa. Transactions in Africa can be challenging, and our deep local knowledge of cultural nuances and local business dynamics assists our clients to achieve a common understanding with targets and buyers. We help our clients navigate the often intricate corporate social responsibility aspects of transactions, such as Black Economic Empowerment, which are is an important consideration in Africa. South Africa is Africa’s economic powerhouse and for many of our multinational clients serve as a platform for further expansion in Africa with its massive untapped youth market and growing middle class. We have particular expertise in the Mining, Industrial, ITC, Logistics, Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Agricultural sectors.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy