September 09, 2021
Translink advises Starmatik shareholders on the sale of a minority stake to Trumpf Group
Translink announces today the sale of a minority stake in Starmatik to Trumpf Group as part of a strategic partnership between the companies in a transaction that was completed in August 2021.
Trumpf Group is a German multinational and a world leader in the field of machine tools and electronics for industrial applications, with a particular focus on sheet metal processing. Starmatik S.r.l. is a company specialized in the design and production of industrial automation.
The strategic partnership will unlock significant design, industrial and commercial synergies between the two companies, allowing Starmatik to access a global sales and after-sales service network, and the Trumpf Group to expand its offer with highly advanced solutions that are customized for specific customer needs.
Starmatik was advised by Translink in Italy, as financial advisor, with a team led by Gerardo Dal Piva (Associate Partner), assisted by Alberto Furlan (Associate) in coordination with Translink in Germany – Andreas Hüchting (Partner). Legal assistance was provided by Alessio Vianello and Simone Cecchinato from MDA Studio Legale.
Starmatik, founded in 1996 and based in Spresiano (Italy), designs and manufactures automation systems capable of managing complex manufacturing processes, that improves the production efficiency of personnel and ensuring a high-quality standard of products. Starmatik is internationally recognized as one of the companies with the best know-how in the design of customized systems for sheet metal processing.
About Trumpf Group
Trumpf Group, a German multinational is a world leader in the field of machine tools and electronics for industrial applications. The Group has sales of some € 3.5 billion and branches in over 70 countries on five continents and is a world leading manufacturer of laser bending, punching and welding equipment for flexible sheet and tube processing.
Translink Corporate Finance GmbH & Co. KG with its offices in Frankfurt and Bremen covers Translink’s business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It is composed of seasoned finance and M&A professionals who have in-depth experience in a variety of sectors and disciplines.
Translink Strempel & Co. è la società partner di Translink Corporate Finance in Italia composta da professionisti della finanza stagionati che hanno maturato una vasta esperienza in una varietà di settori e discipline all'interno di alcuni dei più importanti attori sia a livello nazionale che internazionale nell'industria, finanza e consulenza direzionale.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy