December 10 2018
Translink advises BTI Studios in the acquisition of La BiBi and Multimedia Network - two leading dubbing studios in Italy
Translink Corporate Finance announces the simultaneous acquisition of La BiBi.it Srl and Multimedia Network Srl by BTI Studios AB. Backed by Altor Equity Partners and Shamrock Capital, BTI Studios is a global leader in media localization with studios in over 20 countries.
Translink in Italy and Sweden acted as the exclusive M&A advisor of BTI Studios on this transaction which follows its acquisition of German dubbing studio Berliner Synchron last month, for which Translink was also the exclusive M&A advisor. Translink’s cross-border team on the Italian transaction was led by David Strempel (Managing Partner) for Translink Italy and Niklas Wilhelmsson Partner of Translink Sweden (Anecta).
About BTI Studios
BTI Studios is among the world’s largest localization companies providing dubbing, subtitling, and access services in any language. Founded in 1995, BTI Studios today operates 25 local facilities globally, spanning a network of fully owned local sites across Europe, Asia and the US. BTI Studios’ clients are broadcasters, such as BBC Worldwide, Discovery Networks and Turner; major film studios such as NBC Universal, Warner, Disney and Fox; and OTT Platforms, such as Amazon, Netflix and Hulu.
About La Bibi and Multimedia
La Bibi was founded in 1990, with extensive experience in cinema, television and commercial content. It currently has 18 full-time employees producing over 1400 hours of Italian dubbing per year. Multimedia Network was formed in 1999 from Studio Uno, one of the first technical dubbing facilities in Rome. It has 12 full-time employees and has worked on popular productions such as Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Paw Patrol.
With the acquisition of both companies, BTI expands its capacity to 73 recording studios across 25 facilities spanning Europe, the US and Asia. Björn Lifvergren, BTI Studios founder and leader of the M&A team, commented; "Many of our customers are targeting the Italian market, and high-quality dubbing is a must for engaging audiences in Italy. LaBibi and Multimedia Network’s quality, capacity and strong relationships in-territory will greatly enhance BTI’s Italian dubbing offering for our customers.”
Co-CEOs Giulia DeAngelis and Nicola Bruno will continue to lead LaBibi and Multimedia Network, and, together with their highly professional team, bring their vast experience in the Italian dubbing market to BTI Studios. Giulia De Angelis commented on the transaction; “We are very excited to join BTI Studios, one of the few truly international localization companies. Being part of the BTI Group will help us to improve our technology and organization so that we can be even more competitive in a challenging market.”
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- TRANSLINK ITALY SEMINAR
M&A: GROWING NATIONALLY AND GLOBALLY THROUGH MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ITALIAN BUSINESSES
- Translink advises Euromeccanica Group on the sale of the company to Mevis Group.
- Translink advises Bolton Group in the acquisition of 100% of Omia Laboratoires