July 07, 2021
Translink advises the shareholders of FASP in the majority stake sale to IMA Group
Translink advised the shareholders of FASP, an industrial company based in Montecchio Maggiore (Vicenza), in the sale of 80% of its share capital to IMA Group, which will have the opportunity to acquire the remaining 20% stake. The transaction is expected to be closed at the end of July.
FASP Srl specializes in the development of systems for the manufacture of electric motors. They are involved in a range of activities, from the production of stand-alone machines and complex systems to the creation of fully automated turnkey lines. Thanks to its experience over forty years of continuous activity, FASP is the preferred partner for the major manufacturers of electric motors. They have a wide range of industrial customers in the elevators, home automation, submersible pumps, electric pumps and energy generator sectors. They also have a strong presence in the automotive sector, with a focus on powertrain applications.
IMA Group, publicly listed since 1995 and in the STAR segment since 2001, was delisted last January and is controlled by the Vacchi family. IMA is a world leader in the design, development and construction of automatic machines specialized in packaging (pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and food). It has over 6,200 employees, 46 production sites and a commercial presence in over 80 countries around the world. In 2017, under its strategy of industrial and product diversification, IMA invested in ATOP SpA. ATOP is a world leader in the automation sector for the production of electric motors for various industrial applications with a focus on the automotive (powertrain) sector.
The acquisition of a majority stake in FASP is part of IMA's strategy of technological reinforcement and product expansion in the automatic machinery sector. IMA is already present in the sector through its business automation division, which is particularly active in the electric, hybrid and plug-in traction motors market. FASP's know-how and complementary technology and sector coverage allow it to deliver standard or tailor-made systems characterized by advanced technology to optimize their customers' production with the most flexible and cutting-edge solutions under Industry 4.0.
Mauro Bussotti said, “The transaction was driven by a strong strategic rationale. IMA Group was chosen by the shareholders and founders of FASP for its clear potential for growth from the joint industrial plan. The transaction will allow IMA to expand its technology that is a worldwide benchmark in the field automated machinery and service lines for manufacturing electric traction systems. Thanks to its skills and track record, FASP will continue to serve the diversified needs of the non-automotive industrial world.”
Translink Strempel & Co. is the partner firm of Translink Corporate Finance in Italy composed of seasoned finance professionals who have matured extensive experience in a variety of sectors and disciplines within some of the most important players both nationally and internationally in industry, finance and management consulting.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy