June 23, 2021
Nordic ID Oyj public takeover by Brady Corporation – First ever Nasdaq First North Finland public bid
Translink advised Nordic ID in the first ever Nasdaq First North cash offer in Finland. On April 15, 2021, Brady S.à r.l, a wholly owned subsidiary of Brady Corporation, announced a public offer recommended by the Board of Directors of Nordic ID Oyj for all shares in Nordic ID Oyj. The Board of Directors of Nordic ID Corporation recommended that the shareholders accept the tender offer based on the Fairness Opinion provided by Translink Corporate Finance Oy. The offer reached a 92,91% acceptance level on May 19th, making the offer unconditional.
Jorma Lalla, Chairman of the Board of Nordic ID Corporation, stated:
“All members of the Board of Directors were truly impressed by the quality, details and reliable recommendations of Translink during the preparation and execution of the takeover project.”
Brady S.à r.l. and Nordic ID Plc have signed a combination agreement on April 15, 2021, pursuant to which Brady will make a voluntary public tender offer recommended by the Board of Directors for all issued and outstanding shares of Nordic ID that are not held by Nordic ID or its subsidiaries. In the tender offer, Nordic ID shareholders will be offered a cash consideration of EUR 3.30 per share, which equates to a total tender offer of approximately EUR 8.1 million and an enterprise value of approximately EUR 10.2 million. The members of Nordic ID’s Board of Directors have unanimously decided to recommend to Nordic ID’s shareholders the acceptance of the Tender Offer.
Juuso Lehmuskoski, President and CEO of Nordic ID Corporation, commented:
“The team, led by Sami Miettinen, managed the confidential transatlantic process with impressive precision and in accordance with The Helsinki Takeover Code at all times.”
The offer consideration for the tender offer includes a premium that is:
approximately 26.0 percent compared to the closing price of the Shares on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market on April 14, 2021, i.e. on the last trading day prior to the announcement of the Tender Offer;
approximately 31.7 percent over the six (6) month volume-weighted average price of the Shares on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market; and
approximately 36.1 percent over the twelve (12) month volume-weighted average price of the Shares on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market.
Translink Corporate Finance Finland, based in Helsinki, is one of the leading M&A boutiques in the Finnish market. Since its foundation more than 15 years ago, their partners completed more than 100 M&A transactions in different industries, worked closely together with a number of business partners and industry players, both locally and internationally. In addition Translink Finland is a Certified Adviser on NASDAQ OMX First North.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy