June 17, 2021
Translink acts as financial advisor to Camicissima in the acquisition of Nara Camicie
Fenicia SpA, the Milan based group owner of the well-known men's shirt brand Camicissima, announces the acquisition of Nara Camicie.
Fenicia SpA, owned by the Candido family, closed 2019 with a turnover of €53 million, enjoying a growth of 8% from the previous year, and an EBITDA margin of 13%. The Group counts 350 stores in 31 countries around the world: 121 in Italy (of which 91 are company owned and 30 are in franchising), 180 in China and 49 in the rest of the world.
Nara Camicie is owned by the Annaratone and Gaggino families together with the lead designer Mario Pellegrino. It has a rich heritage since 1984 as a market leader in the production and distribution of women's shirts at international level.
Translink Corporate Finance (Sabina Grisorio, Partner and Jeh Patel, Analyst) and Equita K Finance acted as financial advisors to Fenicia SpA. Gianni & Origoni was the legal advisor and PwC provided the due diligence and fiscal advice. The sellers were advised by Andersen.
Fabio Candido, chairman of Camicissima, declared, “The negotiations for the acquisition started in spring 2020 in the middle of the pandemic, and we are pleased to be able to announce the excellent result of this project in a period of recovery and confidence in the future. The acquisition of Nara Camicie is whole part of Camicissima's growth strategy in terms of expanding our product offering, business and geographic market”.
Sabina Grisorio, Partner of Translink Corporate Finance, declared, “When I presented the acquisition opportunity to the Candido brothers, I was sure it was the perfect match. I see great potential for expansion from this acquisition as Sergio and Fabio Candido have the right abilities and resources to support the business’ development in the coming years”.
Translink Strempel & Co. è la società partner di Translink Corporate Finance in Italia composta da professionisti della finanza stagionati che hanno maturato una vasta esperienza in una varietà di settori e discipline all'interno di alcuni dei più importanti attori sia a livello nazionale che internazionale nell'industria, finanza e consulenza direzionale.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy