January 20 2015
Translink advises Oscar of Sweden AB on the sale of the company to AS Sangar (Estonia)
Oscar of Sweden has more than a 60-year history and is today known for designing shirts of high quality. With the acquisition the buyer forms a new subsidiary in Sweden, which takes over the operations of Oscar of Sweden, as well as the company name. Sangar produces men's dress shirts and accessories in Estonia since 1956. The pro forma turnover is EUR 10 million. "We are a perfect match, says AS Sangar's CEO Gunnar Kraft. We have been looking for a complementary brand for a while and with Oscar of Sweden Sangar will reach a new audience in the higher quality segment. We see great potential to expand both our brands on the international market."
The deal comes through after collaboration between the Swedish financial advisor Anecta Translink and its Italian partner company Translink Strempel & Co. The origin was that Anecta Translink was assigned as advisor for Oscar of Sweden. The international partner network was engaged in an extensive industry search. "The final buyer was in fact introducted through Italy, says Lars af Ekenstam, Partner of Anecta Translink. Sabina Grisorio, Associate Partner at Translink Italy, led an in-depth market search in the fashion sector, which successfully identified the Estonian firm Sangar as an excellent fit for Oscar of Sweden.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- TRANSLINK ITALY SEMINAR
M&A: GROWING NATIONALLY AND GLOBALLY THROUGH MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ITALIAN BUSINESSES
- Translink advises Euromeccanica Group on the sale of the company to Mevis Group.
- Translink advises Bolton Group in the acquisition of 100% of Omia Laboratoires