September 04 2015
Fontana Gruppo of Italy acquires majority in JV with Bagla Group of India for fasteners activities
Fontana Gruppo of Italy and Bagla Group of India have entered into a strategic partnership for the Fasteners Business in India. As part of the strategic partnership, Fontana Gruppo has acquired the majority shareholding in a joint venture company with Bagla Group, incorporating Bagla’s fasteners activities.
Translink Corporate Finance acted as exclusive financial advisor to the Bagla Group, with a cross-border team composed of Ashish Gulati (Partner – Translink India) and Alberto Parisi Presicce (Partner – Translink Italy).
Fontana Gruppo is the worldwide global technology leader in Fasteners Business, having revenues of about 1 billion USD, over 4,200 employees and 20 production plants based in Europe, in the United States, in Mexico, Brasil and now India as well as a sales organization in all continents. Its key customers are most of the world leading OEMs including FCA, Volkswagen Group, Ford, General Motors, Caterpillar, RNPO, PSA, Daimler, BMW, Tata, CNH, Cummins, Bajaj and the most important Tiers 1 and General Industries. Fontana Gruppo has substantially scaled up its international operations through the acquisition of Acument Global Technologies in 2014, the largest fasteners company in the USA, with plants in the USA, Mexico and South America, and is now focused on expanding in key Emerging Markets.
Bagla Group, led by Mr. Rishi Kumar Bagla, is a leading automotive component supplier based in Western India and has interests in aluminum die casting, automotive fasteners, automotive electricals, refrigeration products. The Group has several domestic automotive OEMs as customers including Bajaj, Fiat, Volkswagen, Maruti etc. as well as international OEM and Tier 1 customers.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Giuseppe Fontana, CEO of Fontana Gruppo, said that “The strategic partnership with Bagla Group in India is a key milestone in our strategy to increase our footprint in Emerging Markets. India is the most promising economy in the world at this stage and we are committed to serve our global customers having a presence in Asia. Additionally, the Fontana Gruppo is determined to take advantage of the local manufacturing capabilities and engineering expertise in India to serve its customers”.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- TRANSLINK ITALY SEMINAR
M&A: GROWING NATIONALLY AND GLOBALLY THROUGH MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS. DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ITALIAN BUSINESSES
- Translink advises Euromeccanica Group on the sale of the company to Mevis Group.
- Translink advises Bolton Group in the acquisition of 100% of Omia Laboratoires