February 05, 2021
Translink advises Finnish e-commerce success story IP-Agency in sale of 51% to Swedish BHG Group
Translink Corporate Finance announces the acquisition of 51% of the shares in IP-Agency Finland Oy by BHG Group, the largest consumer e-commerce company in the Nordics.
IP-Agency is a leading online company specialising in products for sports and leisure. The proprietary branded products are sold mainly in Finland, Sweden, Belgium, the DACH region and the US. IP-Agency has increased its annual sales by 600% during the past two years to EUR 19 million, with an EBITDA margin of over 25 percent. The various webstores receive about 900,000 hits each month.
Martin Edblad, Head of Strategy and M&A, comments: “IP-Agency’s development during the past three years is impressive to behold. By becoming a part of BHG, we believe that IP-Agency will greatly benefit from the breadth of BHG's sales channels and their expertise in a number of key areas. We are very much looking forward to working together with the founders and management to support the continued expansion of operations.”
Translink acted as the exclusive financial adviser to the Sellers in the transaction. CEO and the main shareholder Jouki Puurtinen is very satisfied with the decision to engage Translink as financial advisor: “I am very pleased with the assistance provided by Translink and the resulting transaction. Without Translink we probably would not have achieved such a mutually beneficial arrangement with BHG Group, which will enable us to continue to grow rapidly on both existing and new markets. Translink led the project in a way that allowed us to put our full focus on growing our business during the whole process.”
Translink is convinced that the increased market share of e-commerce will continue to grow post-COVID-19 as telecommuting and online shopping becomes the new normal. We therefore expect the leading companies in this sector to continue to expand both into new segments and new geographical markets – often together with more established international partners or private equity sponsors.
Translink Corporate Finance Finland, based in Helsinki, is one of the leading M&A boutiques in the Finnish market. Since its foundation more than 15 years ago, their partners completed more than 100 M&A transactions in different industries, worked closely together with a number of business partners and industry players, both locally and internationally. In addition Translink Finland is a Certified Adviser on NASDAQ OMX First North.
Anecta Translink, il nostro partner in Svezia, è un consulente M&A che si occupa di transazioni nazionali e transfrontaliere. Il successo dell'azienda in questo segmento si basa su un'ampia rete industriale e sul fatto che molti dei membri del team hanno esperienza come dirigenti nelle industrie svedesi.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy