January 29 2021
Translink advises the Villmann Group on the sale of FWN, WBA and FWB to INVEHO, a portfolio company of the French Ermewa Group.
Translink Corporate Finance advises the Villmann Group on the sale of their shares in Fahrzeugwerk Brandenburg ("FWB"), Waggonbau Altenburg ("WBA") and Fahrzeugwerk Niedersachswerfen ("FWN") to INVEHO, a portfolio company of the French Ermewa Group.
The Villmann Group provides maintenance, repair and cleaning services for freight cars in the three workshop locations. The group originated in Brandenburg where the first workshop was acquired in 1996. Over the years, Fahrzeugwerk Niedersachswerfen GmbH (2005) and Waggonbau Altenburg GmbH (2006) were acquired. Today, the Villmann Group is the second largest provider of maintenance services in Germany. With the sale of the three plants to INVEHO the Villmann family strengthens the long-term development of its operations so that both employees and customers will benefit from the capabilities and European set-up of INVEHO.
INVEHO, a subsidiary of Ermewa Group, is the French counterpart of the Villmann Group and the market leader in France. With six locations in France and over a century of experience, INVEHO is a strong partner for the construction, conversion and maintenance of freight wagons.
Translink acted as the exclusive M&A advisor to the shareholders of the Villmann Group.
About Translink in Germany
Translink Corporate Finance GmbH & Co. KG with its offices in Frankfurt and Bremen covers Translink’s business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It is composed of seasoned finance and M&A professionals who have in-depth experience in a variety of sectors and disciplines.
Contact the involved Team Members in Germany:
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy