January 25 2021
Translink advises the owners of Cortex Technology on the sale of the company to Vækst Invest
Translink Corporate Finance has advised Cortex Technology, a Danish company and one of the global leaders in medical devices for cryotherapy and dermatology on their sale to Vækst Invest. Cortex Technology's products are distributed worldwide – mainly through local suppliers.
Cortex Technology has profits of more than 1 mill € with strong growth, which is expected to continue through the introduction of several new products. The main product lines are:
Cryo therapy products, typically sold to the primary care sector
Dermatology products for various types of skin analysis, sold to professional customers such as cosmetics producers, research organizations and cosmetologists
The current growth is supported by a strong product road map, and the global sales focus will be intensified by the sale of 60% of the shares to Vækst Invest – a Danish PE fund focusing on growth companies within the SME segment in Denmark.
The transaction was closed on January 25th, 2021.
Steffen Vogel, former owner of Cortex Technology:
“Based on our earlier contact and recommendations we chose Translink Corporate Finance as our M&A adviser, being responsible for the transaction process and finding the best future partner for us – a partner and co-shareholder who could help us to realize the significant growth potential we see in our industry. In the middle of the operation the corona outbreak occurred – and controlling the process during this phase was not easy.
Translink Corporate Finance presented a significant list with very relevant international candidates, and a Danish buyer ended up making the best offer. The process was guided and controlled in a very professional way by Henrik and Claus.”
“Even though it was a smaller transaction and the buyer finally was a Danish PE-fund, Translink demonstrated its strength in running a competitive process identifying several relevant potential buyers from around the globe.” says Henrik.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy