January 29 2021
Translink Corporate Finance announces the merger of Finnish Visy and Swedish Sensebit.
Visy is a leading global supplier of software for image recognition and automation based on AI and deep learning solutions in the transportation infrastructure market. Sensebit, together with its subsidiary Trafikia, is the Nordic market leader in traffic data collection and analysis. The merged companies, together with the support of private equity investor Helix Kapital, will develop the business across the Nordic region and globally, offering customers integrated solutions for based on leading-edge technologies.
Translink acted as the exclusive financial adviser to the owners of Visy in the transaction. CEO and shareholder Petri Granroth was very satisfied with finding a partner to assist with further growth: “As a technology leader with steady long-term growth but limited resources we wanted to find a partner that could help us make a larger leap. Translink found numerous very attractive options for us and moving forward together with Sensebit and Helix will help us achieve our ambitious growth targets.”
Translink’s efficient work process has limited the impact of COVID-19, and several high-quality SME companies in the IT sector have taken advantage of this fact. We therefore expect to see even more deals in this segment as both private equity and industrial M&A activity continue to increase.
About Translink in Finland
Translink Corporate Finance Finland, based in Helsinki, is one of the leading M&A boutiques in the Finnish market. Since its foundation more than 15 years ago, their partners completed more than 100 M&A transactions in different industries, worked closely together with a number of business partners and industry players, both locally and internationally. In addition Translink Finland is a Certified Adviser on NASDAQ OMX First North.
About Translink in Sweden
Anecta Translink, our partner in Sweden, is a M&A-advisor working with national and cross-border transactions. The company's success in this segment is based on a wide industrial network and the fact that many of the team members have backgrounds as executives in Swedish industrials.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy