January 22 2021
Translink advises British Diploma PLC on the acquisition of Danish Simonsen & Weel A/S
Translink Corporate Finance advised Diploma PLC, a UK listed international group of companies supplying specialized technical products and services. Diploma operates globally within three sectors: Life Sciences (Healthcare), Seals, and Controls. In Healthcare Diploma has 7 companies with a total revenue of approx. 175 mill. € with an adjusted operating profit above 20%.
With the acquisition of 100% of the more than 200 year old company, Simonsen & Weel, A/S, Diploma Healthcare acquires one of the leading distributors in Denmark and Sweden within:
Critical MedTech products for hospital trauma, operating room, and intensive care units.
Medical nutrition for the primary care/home care sector, funded by the government.
The transaction was closed on January 4th, 2021.
Simonsen & Weel has grown significantly over the last couple of years, especially in intensive care. The company is expecting to continue this growth in Denmark, but also in Sweden through a newly acquired subsidiary.
Translink undertook a market search for target companies on behalf of Diploma in 2019, and out of the ten identified candidates on the Danish market, Diploma decided to take a closer look at four. S&W met all of Diploma’s search criteria, and negotiations commenced. This resulted in a transaction at the end of 2020.
Brett Valliant, Corporate development director, Diploma Healthcare Group
“We would like to thank Translink Denmark for facilitating the Healthcare Group’s entry into Northern Europe. Henrik Schrøder was instrumental throughout all stages of the deal, providing us with an essential link to S&W ownership, particularly at a time where travel has been inhibited by the pandemic. We extend our thanks to Translink Corporate Finance and look forward to many years of continued growth in the region.”
Henrik Schrøder, Translink Partner Denmark
“We are proud to having worked with Diploma Healthcare on this transaction. Simonsen & Weel is the perfect step for Diploma into the Danish market and a great platform for further growth.”
Niklas Wilhelmsson, Director Sweden
Following an extensive search in the Nordics and meetings with many highly qualified targets, Diploma selected Simonsen & Weel. Translink Corporate Finance has shown its ability to gauge interest from med-tech companies throughout the region.”
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy