October 25 2020
Translink advised CMAI Group on the acquisition of Puertas Sanrafael and Puertas Castalla
Translink Corporate Finance advised CMAI Group, a French leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of custom-made closet doors and interior design furniture, on the acquisition of 100% of Puertas Sanrafael and Puertas Castalla, leading Spanish interior doors manufacturers owned by the same group of private shareholders. The deal was closed on October 7th, 2020.
Founded in 1981 and headquartered near Nantes in France, CMAI Group’s products are manufactured in 4 production sites in France and distributed under a number of own brands (Sogal, Agem, Kendoors, Iliko, among others) through a broad range of channels (encompassing more than 3,800 points of sale in France).
CMAI Group Revenues are split between (i) custom-made closet doors (c.65%), the Group’s
historical core market (clear market leader in France with c.40% of market share), (ii) adjacent products (c.10%), mostly interior closet solutions and room dividers, and (iii) custom-made interior design products (c.25% of sales through more than 50k projects per year) where the Group is also the market leader in France. The Group generates sales and EBITDA of resp. c.€100m and c.€15m and employs c.750 FTEs.
Since March 2018, CMAI Group is controlled by its management team and Intermediate Capital Group (majority shareholder).
Founded in 1986, Sanrafael develops, produces and markets decorative interior doors of all types of high-end finishes, in standard and custom sizes, intended for residential or tertiary environments for a network of distributors, resellers and installers, in Spain and internationally. The Company generates sales and EBITDA of c.€25m and c.€4.3m.
Founded in 1989, Castalla develops, manufactures and markets decorative interior doors of medium and high-end finish, intended for the residential environment, through specialized dealers or the large DIY distribution in Spain and internationally. The Company generates sales and EBITDA of c.€17m and c.€1.9m
This merger creates a new European Group, with 1,100 employees and a consolidated turnover of around € 140m (2019).
It will enable CMAI to acquire the know-how and resources necessary to pursue its growth strategy in the field of interior doors in France, successfully initiated in 2018.
Contact our Team Members having supported this transaction:
José-María Banús, Partner: email@example.com
Jacques Halpérin, Partner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- Translink advises the shareholders of D.FI in the sale to Martek.
- Translink Sweden and Finland advisor to Miss Group which acquires market leading Lithuanian web hosting company UAB “Interneto vizija”.
- Juuri Partners and Ilmarinen acquire 30% in digital engineering company Nitor Group. Translink advised Nitor Group and its founding partners in the transaction.