May 05 2020
A-lehdet Oy acquires a majority stake in E-commerce company Keskisen Kello Oy
Media group A-lehdet Oy acquires majority stake in E-commerce company Keskisen Kello Oy. Keskisen Kello is the largest Finnish online retailer of watches, smart watches and jewellery, reaching an astonishing revenue growth of app. 70 % during last year. The company has already established a foothold in Sweden and continues to expand into new markets with the aim of becoming a pan-European player during the next few years. The acquisition is well-aligned with A-lehdet’s strategy and the acquisition is expected to strengthen its E-commerce business already comprising Finnish Design Shop, a fast-growing online retailer of Nordic design and furniture to global markets.
Keskisen Kello’s revenue was approximately 16 million euro during the last fiscal year and is expected to surpass 20 million euro this year. The company was founded in Tuuri, Finland in 1982.
Translink acted as advisor to the sellers. CEO and co-owner Jari Keskinen comments on the process and working with Translink:
”We started to negotiate with the buyer without taking aboard an advisor and were struggling with the decision whether or not external help was needed in order to consummate the transaction. Fortunately, we heard about Translink at just the right moment and we decided to proceed with them. Without Translink’s robust way of handling the process, there would have been significant delays in the timetable and the outcome would have been far from what was achieved now. Translink added great value to each stage of the process. I would definitely recommend them!”
Translink predicts a high number of M&A deals to be seen over the coming years in the E-commerce segment due to industry consolidation and the increasing growth of E-commerce as a result of COVID-19.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- Following the successful sale of the operational business (FEW GmbH) to VIS GmbH (a company of the Zeppenfeld Group) in 2019, Translink Corporate Finance supported the Villmann Group in the sale of FEW Besitz GmbH to the Zeppenfeld Group.
- Translink advises Thor Olav Sperre, a shareholder of Sperre AS of the sale of his remaining 34% of his shares in Sperre AS to AKVA Group ASA
- A-lehdet Oy acquires a majority stake in E-commerce company Keskisen Kello Oy