January 14 2020
Translink acted as a financial advisor to OMB Self Storage, S.L. in the sale of a 100% stake to Safestore Holdings.
Windcorp Translink, member of Translink Corporate Finance is pleased to announce that they have served as exclusive M&A advisor to OMB Self Storage S.L. shareholders’ in the sale of a 100% stake to Safestore Holdings. The transaction is valued at EUR17.25m.
OMB Self Storage founded in 2013, provides 24 hour self-storage services in Barcelona to individuals and businesses. The Barcelona-based company currently operates 4 storage facilities in the city centre, accounting for a total capacity of 9,700 m2 and an occupancy level of 68%. In 2018 OMB Self Storage sales rose by 22% compared to the previous year up to EUR 2,02m.
Safestore is the UK’s largest self-storage provider. The firm provides personal, business and student storage services through 122 facilities in the UK and 28 in Paris. Apart from the acquisition of OMB Self Storage, Safestore had also conducted a recent acquisition in Netherlands. In 2019, the company reached GBP 152m sales (EUR 180 m) and a gross operating profit of GBP 87,5m.
With the incorporation of OMB Self Storage in the shareholding, Safestore Holdings seeks to enter and exploit growth options in the Spanish market, especially in big cities such as Barcelona, where families and companies that occupy offices and houses in the center area are in need of more storage space due to the high rental prices.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- A-lehdet Oy acquires a majority stake in E-commerce company Keskisen Kello Oy
- Miss Group acquires Finnish web hosting company Euronic Oy
- Translink Corporate Finance advises the owners of IMD Group, a provider of installation services in the field of underground cable laying and pipeline engineering, on the sale of their shares to Deutsche Beteiligungs AG.