June 27 2019
Possehl Mittelstandsbeteiligungen GmbH acquires 100% of Etipack S.p.A. with Translink acting as exclusive financial advisor to the sellers
Translink announces the acquisition by Possehl Group, a group of companies headed by a lean management holding, L. Possehl & Co. GmbH, of Etipack SpA, a leading Italian designer and manufacturer of labeling and coding systems for pressure-sensitive labels, feeder and pick&place, with headquarters in Cinisello Balsamo (Milano).
Translink Corporate Finance acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Etipack’s shareholders, with an international team including Mauro Bussotti (Partner), Alberto Parisi Presicce (Partner) and Stefano Luciano (Analyst) for Italy and Andreas Hüchting (Partner), Christian Hörner (Partner) and Dennis Magath (Director) from Germany.
Etipack S.p.A., founded in 1978 in the outskirts of Milan, is a leading specialist manufacturer of labeling and coding systems for pressure-sensitive labels in Italy. A second production site is in Soncino, some 70km east of Milan.
Starting from 2000, Etipack expanded to gain international footprint and the Group is now composed by 5 additional companies, located in Europe (Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic and Hungary) and South America (Brazil).
With over 40 years of specialization in the labeling equipment, it developed outstanding know-how and technical solutions for the most complex applications, and strong reputation with large corporate customers.
In 2018, the Company had revenues of some 17 million Euros with very solid margin, exporting all over the world its production with 100 employees +70 employees working in the subsidiaries. Possehl’s history dates back to 1847, when Ludwig Possehl founds his company L. Possehl & Co. in Lübeck (Germany) and starts trading with iron and coal.
Today, the Group is headed by a lean management holding, L. Possehl & Co. GmbH, with sole shareholder the charitable Possehl-Foundation with its seat in Lübeck.
Stability and long-term corporate development are key words for the Group’s business strategy, which is focused on the acquisition of companies operating in mature industries or niche markets. Possehl M&A strategy ensures companies to remain independent operating enterprises, with own culture and long-term support and development of the businesses. Possehl Group realized net revenues of 3.9 billion Euros in 2018 and employed more than 13.000 employees world-wide.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- Translink announces that it has successfully completed the first phase of its mandate to support Omecs S.r.l., in obtaining important financial resources for its development and expansion. Omecs is a company active in the field of organic and luxury cosmetics. Translink has now begun the second phase of looking for a financial/industrial partner.
- Translink advises the owners of 3st kommunikation on selling a majority stake to fazit communication, a portfolio company of F.A.Z.-Group.
- Translink acted as a financial advisor to OMB Self Storage, S.L. in the sale of a 100% stake to Safestore Holdings.