December 20 2019
VIS Verkehrs Industrie Systeme GmbH acquires 100% of FEW - Fahrzeug- und Entwicklungswerk Blankenburg GmbH - Translink acts as exclusive financial advisor to the seller
Translink Corporate Finance acted as the exclusive financial advisor to the shareholders of FEW. The transaction team comprised Andreas Hüchting (Partner), Dennis Magath (Director) and Mareike Maas (Associate).
FEW - Fahrzeug- und Entwicklungswerk Blankenburg GmbH
The core business of Fahrzeug- und Entwicklungswerk Blankenburg GmbH (FEW) is the performance of maintenance and repair work on freight wagons. Furthermore, the company is specialized in the field of safety technology on the track. Moreover, FEW provides mobile teams for track construction sites to retrofit switches and signal boards, maintain outdoor facilities and carry out signage.
In the past years, the FEW generated a turnover of approx. 7 MLN EUR with more than 90 employees.
VIS Verkehrs Industrie Systeme GmbH
VIS GmbH has more than 175 years of production experience in rail vehicle construction. The company with 200 employees is active in the modernization, conversion and redesign of rail vehicles. By the year 2001, a total of 12,000 vehicles had left the production halls. In May 2002 the Zeppenfeld Industrial Group took over VIS GmbH.
The Company had revenues of around 20 million Euros in 2018.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- Translink acted as a financial advisor to OMB Self Storage, S.L. in the sale of a 100% stake to Safestore Holdings.
- Translink acted as a financial advisor to Masvoz in the sale of a 100% stake to Enreach Spain, S.L.U.
- VIS Verkehrs Industrie Systeme GmbH acquires 100% of FEW - Fahrzeug- und Entwicklungswerk Blankenburg GmbH - Translink acts as exclusive financial advisor to the seller