November 14 2013
Translink Strempel & Co. exclusive financial advisor to Giunti Editore SpA in its transaction with Touring Club Italiano
Translink Strempel & Co. of Milan has assisted the Florence based Giunti Editore on its sale of a 51 % stake in Touring Editore to Touring Club Italiano, from whom it had acquired a controlling stake in 2006. The Giunti Group has an important history of over one hundred and fifty years in publishing and is the fourth largest operator in Italy with approximately 200 million Euro in revenues.
With this transaction, Touring Club Italiano brings under its full control this historic publishing side of its business while continuing to maintain an important collaboration with Giunti on the promotion and distribution of its publications. Founded in 1894, Touring Club Italiano is the oldest association active in the fields of tourism, culture and the environment with its famous guides.
The team of Translink Strempel who advised the seller was composed of Senior Partner Gianni Laudato and Associate Partners Gianni Campici and Matteo Paggi. The legal advisor to the seller was the firm of Studio Legale Dotti.
To date, Translink Strempel and other international offices of Translink Corporate Finance have acted as advisors in over 35 Mergers & Acquisitions during 2013.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- Translink announces that it has successfully completed the first phase of its mandate to support Omecs S.r.l., in obtaining important financial resources for its development and expansion. Omecs is a company active in the field of organic and luxury cosmetics. Translink has now begun the second phase of looking for a financial/industrial partner.
- Translink advises the owners of 3st kommunikation on selling a majority stake to fazit communication, a portfolio company of F.A.Z.-Group.
- Translink acted as a financial advisor to OMB Self Storage, S.L. in the sale of a 100% stake to Safestore Holdings.