September 12 2019
Translink advises Euromeccanica Group on the sale of the company to Mevis Group.
Translink Corporate Finance is pleased to announce the sale of 100% of Euromeccanica Group to Mevis Group.
From the aggregation of the two Venetian companies leading in the automotive and trucking sectors, an industrial group with a turnover of 140 million euros and nearly 800 employees is born.
Translink acted as the exclusive financial consultant for the shareholders of the Euromeccanica Group, with a team including Mauro Bussotti (Partner) and Stefano Luciano (Analyst). For legal advice, Euromeccanica Group was assisted by Studio Russo De Rosa Associati.
Mevis Group, owned by the Visentin family, and the Euromeccanica Group, owned by the Venezian and Gnoato families, have signed a contract aimed at combining their industrial activities in order to create an integrated group by the end of the year.
In detail: Mevis Spa acquires 100% of the assets of the Euromeccanica Group headed by the ‘Metalforming Division’ (Euromeccanica Group Spa, Euromeccanica Srl, V&G and Nikkosteel srl). The partners of Euromeccanica enter the corporate structure of the parent company, Mevis Spa, with an estimated share of around 10%.
The aggregation has created a group with a consolidated turnover of over 140 million euros, almost 800 employees, an EBITDA margin of 15% and a very solid financial and asset structure. The combined group aims to reach 200 million euros of consolidated turnover by 2020.
The group created by this agreement is also aiming for an eventual listing on the Stock Exchange. In the shorter term, it aims to launch in the United States with its own production plant, which will add to Mevis Group’s plants already present in Italy, China and Slovakia.
“This operation will make it possible to give life to an industrial group stronger than the sum of its individual parts”, underlined Federico Visentin of Mevis, and Vanni Venezian and Daniele Gnoato of Euromeccanica in unison. “Today a group is born with its roots firmly anchored in this territory, but with its eye on the rest of the world. An industrial company able to create new jobs and development, foster the professional growth of people and constitute a model of positive aggregation is becoming the undisputed leader in this market sector,” stressed the partners.
Founded in 1961, Mevis designs and manufactures stamped and welded springs and metal components for leading European companies. Its main office is in Rosà in Italy.
In 2007, the group opened a production site in Samorin in Slovakia and in 2013 it opened a new site in Yangzhou in China. In 2018, with more than 550 employees and exports of over 80%, it ended the year with a turnover of 81 million of which 71% was in the automotive sector, 12% was in electrical engineering and 10% was in the home appliance sector.
Euromeccanica Group Spa is a manufacturing company founded in the 70s by Giorgio Venezian and Giovanni Gnoato. It operates mainly in the sheet metal forming sector with Euromeccanica srl, V&G and Nikkosteel, in addition to which there are the trade divisions of tool steels (Tecnoacciai) and personal safety products (Safit). The latter two will not be affected by the operation with Mevis.
Press OfficeCristina Fagioli
T. +39 02 94555600
- “I’m very glad about this win-win strategic cooperation with Kiwa. BCC will further enrich its competitiveness in the certification business and enter into the lab testing field as new growing points. Meanwhile, BCC provides a solid foundation for Kiwa to expand into the China and Asia Pacific market. We also thank Translink CF for introducing such a high quality strategic partner to BCC. Even though Translink is advisor for the buy side, they acted fairly and were very experienced and managed professionally throughout the whole process.
Chairman of BCC Inc
- "The Translink team executed the entire transaction process. I can warmly recommend them for any Corporate Finance-assignments"
Chairman of the Board, Anneli Koivunen,
- "Translink’s advisory ensured successful sales process completion with the terms that satisfied all the owners."
CEO and founder, Tomi Pulkki,
- "Translink Peakstone’s thoughtful guidance and dedication throughout the entire process were critical to achieving a very successful outcome that met all of our transaction objectives."
CEO, Mike Gibney,
- "Translink is a determined advisor. The outcome of the transaction was in line with our expectations. I believe the transaction will ensure Amomatic even better chances for continuous growth and development"
Former Chairman of the Board,
Olavi Ruokonen, Amomatic Oy
- A-lehdet Oy acquires a majority stake in E-commerce company Keskisen Kello Oy
- Miss Group acquires Finnish web hosting company Euronic Oy
- Translink Corporate Finance advises the owners of IMD Group, a provider of installation services in the field of underground cable laying and pipeline engineering, on the sale of their shares to Deutsche Beteiligungs AG.